- Specialist in high-level messaging and strategy with C-suite experience in numerous headline-making crises.
- Drafted and oversaw publication of a 60+ page report for the Secretary of Interior on learnings from BP’s response to the Deepwater Horizon explosion.
- Led narrative development and rapid response on behalf of the team steering Texaco through a record legal judgment, the then-largest-ever bankruptcy, and a successful proxy fight with Carl Icahn.
- Coordinated with Hobby Lobby’s general counsel and legal team in expressing the rationale and strategy behind its Supreme Court case challenging Obamacare birth control mandates.
- Worked with the AOL team addressing the “America On-Hold” access crisis, which included messaging around a settlement with state attorneys general, as well as external/internal communications relating to a Washington Post report on a Department of Justice fraud investigation.
- Has extensive experience in crisis, litigation, legislation and public affairs communications, including the design and execution of multiple award-winning campaigns.
- Served as chief strategist in a year-long campaign to restore public confidence in the U.S. Postal Service following the 2001 anthrax crisis.
- Designed and led a campaign to minimize news media coverage of the Amerigroup whistleblower lawsuit alleging that the organization had discriminated against pregnant women.
- Designed and led a public affairs campaign that helped significantly reshape regulations proposed by the U.S. Department of Education following a high-profile lobbying effort launched by a group of Wall Street short-sellers targeting publicly-traded higher education organizations.
- Led the communications execution for 25 technology acquisitions, divestitures and IPOs totaling nearly $100 billion in total transaction value over six years, including:
- Media relations, industry analyst relations, employee engagement, and integration planning for the largest technology transaction in history.
- Communications strategy for the largest technology leveraged buyout in history.
- Supported the development of a communications campaign on behalf of PhRMA in response to President Trump’s criticism that the industry was “getting away with murder” on drug pricing.
- Worked with pharmaceutical company to advance policy issues, prepare Capitol Hill testimony and manage response regarding scrutiny over drug pricing.
- Advised a global brand on multiple public health-related issues and developed near- and long-term strategies to protect the organization’s corporate reputation.
- Served as senior manager of communications and spokesperson for a leading tobacco company for more than a decade.
- Responded to more than 100 media requests a year in this role and partnered with executives to drive efforts related to tobacco harm reduction and transforming tobacco.
- Managed the voluntary recall of 2.6 million e-cigarette power units following reported incidents of small fires caused by the units.
- Worked closely with a coalition in California to prevent a state-wide ban on flavored tobacco products.